Acknowledging posts.

Paikea

Having contributed to a number of websites, both fishing and four wheel driving over the past years (under different names) I have tried to make a practise of acknowledging interesting and informative topics and/or reports. There can be nothing worse than making a significant effort to start a new topic or providing detailed information and pics of a fishing trip and only have one or two responses from members.

The number of times that posts are "viewed" is of course indicative of the level of interest in a topic or report but nothing beats the satisfaction that members get from solid feedback by way of a response, even if it only confirms that the topic was of interest to members.

It is no secret that the continued success of a site very much depends upon interaction between the members. Hence, in future,I will make a concerted effort to respond to topics/reports that have caught my interest and I hope that other members will do likewise.

Fishraider is a great site, lets keep it that way.

Cheers

Paikea

Paikea

Mate you have put some good posts up with good projects done on boats and i have read them and been interested. I like the window in the bait tank and i have seen this done in the more expensive glass boats and it looks good, You can see how your livies are going and you could see when the old inkers have had enough and decided to let loose. I reckon my missus would look at them but and feel sorry for them and next thing i would know is all my livies have magically got out through my new clear window?

No seriously, I went up to my boat to see if i could do it but my bait tank is different and has kind of a double wall, or the tank is seperate and the gunnwall drops down the inside with a cavity of about 35mm to the tank ( does that make sense ). so i decided it would be too much stuffing around.

I dont mind tinkering with my boat but its fairly new and i dont like to go cutting and altering the glass work for my own mind and for resale purpose.

I wouldnt mind some new rod holders. Not like rocket launchers or holders to fish from but like a rack of holders some where out of the way or to just rack my rods up in the deck area for storage while traveling on the road and while moving between destinations.

I also would like to strengthen the fibreglass wall that drops down the inside of the gunwall as it is a bit flimsy. Im thinking of bolting some say 15-18 mm ply to the wall and have it padded and upholstered to match the seats which would create a padded gunwale ( Make Sense? ) And incorporate some grab rails into this as well.

What do you think ?

But yeh your might be right about replies. Sometimes you can put a post on with a fairly decent catch and after a while you think not good enough aye ?

A lot of people that come on this site and where the views came from have not got 1 post to there name and its a simple fact that alot of people use this site to see where the fish are biting and thats it. Its a small amount that actually regularly post in comparison to the actual number of members. ( Correct me if im wrong )

Dave

Edited by Dfishin

IMO with relation to posts, the views had on any given post does determine interests, however there seems to be many that just read and not acknowledge. That is fine by me, as these people are interested and want to learn. It doesn't matter if they contribute to the post because I'm sure they still get from it what they were looking for.

I did the same for a period of time and now contribute to many posts. However, I'm a much better fisherman now, thanks to all the views I enjoyed on this awesome site!

Cheers scratchie!!!

IMO with relation to posts, the views had on any given post does determine interests, however there seems to be many that just read and not acknowledge. That is fine by me, as these people are interested and want to learn. It doesn't matter if they contribute to the post because I'm sure they still get from it what they were looking for.

I did the same for a period of time and now contribute to many posts. However, I'm a much better fisherman now, thanks to all the views I enjoyed on this awesome site!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Well said Sir Jeffrey :clapping:

Dfishn asked:

I also would like to strengthen the fibreglass wall that drops down the inside of the gunwall as it is a bit flimsy. Im thinking of bolting some say 15-18 mm ply to the wall and have it padded and upholstered to match the seats which would create a padded gunwale ( Make Sense? ) And incorporate some grab rails into this as well.

What do you think ?

Adding a bolster to the sides will both stiffen the glass and provide a nice area to lean against. I don't believe that you will need to use 15-18mm ply,10mm should be ample. just make sure that you use waterproof ply and paint the surface all round with marine varnish/epoxy or similar waterproofing medium.

Good luck.

Cheers

Paikea