Stooooooked !

VBCB

Hi everyone,

Went down the Harbour tonight to flick a few lures, see if there were breams around.

Didn't get no bream as a matter of fact, I landed a nice trev caught on a blade around 5 pm, the fish put on a nice fight and went 35 cm, I was quite happy to land it on 2 lb leader material (and 2 lb braid).

Then things started to move a bit, long story short, I was hooking chopper after chopper on a TD shiner, nothing big, on my very last cast as it was fully dark and the things had slowed down, hook on what I thought to be a large chopper...

After an EPIC fight on 2 lb, being snagged 10 times in the dirtiest environment (oysters, large weeds) and having to drag the fish for more than 150 meters to find an "OK" place to land it, it was out ! 51 cm of a horse ! Not my PB but certainly my biggest on 2 lb ! Absolutely stoked.

Sorry for pics they're horrible but I forgot my camera, spewing ! Only had my phone and it was raining I couldn't do better than that.

Fish went back unharmed, I would bet a lot of money that I cannot do the same thing again, for those who know how hard these thing go, you will understand :)post-30692-0-80922500-1375866874_thumb.jpgpost-30692-0-99291900-1375866897_thumb.jpg

Cracker Trev!

They sure do go hard. I love nothing more than chasing them on ultra light gear! You did well not to get done at your feet as they seem to have a habit of doing so...

Cheers, Tom

Great catch there. There have been plenty in the harbour taking soft plastics when chasing jews. When they first hit you think wow, onto another silver, then you start to realise your onto something else. It appears over the years they are getting bigger and bigger within the harbour. Hopefully they get big enough some day that they start pulling like kings or GTs lol.

Well done once again.

Squidboy

Great catch there TC.

As they say pound for pound the good old Trevally has to be one of the toughest fish in the

Sea and to land one of that size on 2lb is a great effort.

Years ago we used to catch loads of them of the rocks in the royal national park, some as big as 70 cm, you could almost pass them off as GT's lol..

Great job

Cheers Daniel

Thanks for your comments guys, appreciated. I don't want to sound like a guy who's chasing good fishes on light leader, It happened that I was looking for whiting on surface lures a few minutes before (on sunset) and couldn't be bothered tying a new leader for the last minutes of the sesh',it would have just been a big fluke :)

Edited by T.C