TCD

mattyg_16

Went to TCD on Saturday.

What a magnficent day to be out that way. A little windy to start with but when the sun came out and the wind died off it was a beautiful winters day. Topped it off by landing my first ever trout and a solid one at that. Dropped a smaller one only minutes before hooking onto this one. Caught in a bay towards the rear of the dam and returned to fight another day. Finally broke my TCD duck after my first attempt this time last year.

Matt

post-21515-0-00139600-1377571984_thumb.jpg

post-21515-0-70912500-1377571984_thumb.jpg

Stonker bow mate, and on a waxwing also. I have had a look at these and thought that they would work well on the trout. Thanks for proving my suspicions right! Also if that is 62cm on a lure I do believe it puts you up for a 2nd place record just behind my 63cm version.

Congrats!

Luc.

Yeh went 62, pretty happy as its my first trout, next on the list, a brown trout. It was touch and go while it was shaking its head just meters from my feet. I lost a similar sized one last year due to head shakes and was absolutely devistated. Didn't have a net so had to play it out a bit and beach it. Great fight though.

The waxwing was a last minute addition to the tackle box before heading up. Never used one before but it has a nice side to side motion (similar to a spoon) and you can aggrevate it further with whips and flicks. It's worth noting that the hook up occured within two turns of the reel! I must have cast it on its head. Also used celtas, devils and spoons but had no luck on them.

TCD is a great relaxing place that not many people utilise (from what I've seen in winter). And from what I saw not much rubbish and junk around either so people must be looking after it.

Matt