Little Manly Point 31/08/13

Benji-martin

Hello everyone,

Took a mate down to little manly last night who had never caught a fish along with some other mates who i normally go with. I figured I could take him down to catch some bream and at the very least some yellowtail. We got down there about 4:30 yesterday afternoon and it was pretty packed with I figured because it was the best weather day we have had in a while. I found a little spot and rigged up and explained all the rigs to my mate who was very interested to learn. I rigged up a float for the top for some tailor fishing about 2M deep had a bait on the bottom for live bait and rod for catching live bait and bream. While I was rigging this up a school of bonito cane in and everything was happening. My mate who I normally go with started to spin for them with a 20gram spinner but was not getting touched. I put on a 40gram and was on about 4th cast to a little bonito.

post-17932-13780025839975_thumb.jpg

I decided to keep the bonito and throw out a shark bait. We would of got more bonito but there were people who started throwing there prawn baits and floats into the school and getting in the way which started to get very frustrating. The school headed back towards the heads and the sun was nearly down so I put the float out and a slab of bonito on the bottom. While then I got my mate to catch done yellow tail which he was happy about. We nothing was happening then the bonito slab took off I hooked the fish and new it wasn't anything to get exited about. I brought in a huge port Jackson which we cut at the wall. Put another slab out and again it went off this time I gave it to my mate who brought in another port Jackson about the same size. This continued for about 3 hours with double hooks happening at one stage we had three rods go off all port Jackson's there must off been 100's of then out there. I put a slab if bonito on the 3-5kg outfit and played with one for about 40min on the 10lb line which was a blast. After three hours and a heap off sharks it all went quiet nothing was happening. We landed one of the port Jackson's so we could get photos since they were all the same size

post-17932-13780032173491_thumb.jpgpost-17932-13780032335998_thumb.jpgpost-17932-13780032541519_thumb.jpg

I haven't got a photo with my mate who had never caught one it is on his phone but he loved it and had a huge smile. It was a good night even though we could not take anything home.

Hello everyone,

Took a mate down to little manly last night who had never caught a fish along with some other mates who i normally go with. I figured I could take him down to catch some bream and at the very least some yellowtail. We got down there about 4:30 yesterday afternoon and it was pretty packed with I figured because it was the best weather day we have had in a while. I found a little spot and rigged up and explained all the rigs to my mate who was very interested to learn. I rigged up a float for the top for some tailor fishing about 2M deep had a bait on the bottom for live bait and rod for catching live bait and bream. While I was rigging this up a school of bonito cane in and everything was happening. My mate who I normally go with started to spin for them with a 20gram spinner but was not getting touched. I put on a 40gram and was on about 4th cast to a little bonito.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378002591.172700.jpg

I decided to keep the bonito and throw out a shark bait. We would of got more bonito but there were people who started throwing there prawn baits and floats into the school and getting in the way which started to get very frustrating. The school headed back towards the heads and the sun was nearly down so I put the float out and a slab of bonito on the bottom. While then I got my mate to catch done yellow tail which he was happy about. We nothing was happening then the bonito slab took off I hooked the fish and new it wasn't anything to get exited about. I brought in a huge port Jackson which we cut at the wall. Put another slab out and again it went off this time I gave it to my mate who brought in another port Jackson about the same size. This continued for about 3 hours with double hooks happening at one stage we had three rods go off all port Jackson's there must off been 100's of then out there. I put a slab if bonito on the 3-5kg outfit and played with one for about 40min on the 10lb line which was a blast. After three hours and a heap off sharks it all went quiet nothing was happening. We landed one of the port Jackson's so we could get photos since they were all the same size

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378003225.293551.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378003242.546717.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378003262.945824.jpg

I haven't got a photo with my mate who had never caught one it is on his phone but he loved it and had a huge smile. It was a good night even though we could not take anything homese

Seems like u had heaps of fun! was there any squid around?