Sydney yesterday

SEAFEARER

G'day Raiders ,

with the weather reports being so favourable decided to go and try my luck on the yellowfin ,headed out of botany and headed se for about 40 kms, a few boats already scattered about,, didn't take long and soon there was plenty out enjoying the sun and great flat seas, fish were breaking the surface all day in patches but weren't all that interested, I managed 1 about 35kg ,only a guess I didn't have it weighed, about 1.30pm I decided to call it a day as fish didn't want to play, plenty of dolphins and whales keeping me entertained for the long but quick trip back home. NOTE TO SELF : take someone with me next time, too much of a challenge trying to wind other lines in while keeping pressure on fish and fighting him to surface then gaffing , bit of a tangle but as we all know worth the effort.post-1999-0-24251000-1378252020_thumb.png

Sounds similar to the day I had, minus the 35kg fin on the deck. Great whale and dolphin watching day with a number of bait schools and the occasional bust up (short lived) with no action. Good day considering I was too sick for work.

Fishbones, mate I had four going, managed to get a couple in, but was tangled with the third, rest of the morning I just ran two, 1 had a xrap the other a skirt, too many hassles otherwise, limiting my chances of another one I know but with one on the deck wasn't complaining

Dave