botany bay 15/09/13

kikila

My nephew and I have gone haves in an old seafarer Vega it looks a little African Queenish but the hull is sound and the trailer is in fair nick, it has a 2006 70 hp Yamaha oil injected 2 stroke donk it also has a 5 inch lowrance colour sounder and 5 inch colour GPS of the same make. Today was our maiden voyage in her, the weather was heavy overcast and a slight southerly breeze, we decided to have a look outside but it was pretty lumpy and my nephew Steve has never handled a boat over 12 foot’ and I haven’t been fishing in 6 years we thought the better part of valour was to stay in the bay. First port of call was the oil wharf where there was a good showing of fish on the sounder but all we got was a shovel nose shark , buy now is pissing down rain and all we were getting was kind of green slime on the bait, tried the cans and no luck there we then went over to the end of the run way there were heaps of under sized snapper and blurters, the weather mightn’t have much good as was the fishing but it bloody good to be out there again.

Edited by kikila