Yak fittings

GreyNurse

I spent the weekend pimping my pride 'n joy and making a DIY PVC cart. Finished up with lotsa little stuff done and a mass of new ideas in my head for some mid week work. While the best laid plans often go astray, I spent a goodly amount of time overcoming unforseen problems, but all worked out well in the end. Especially the cart, whose specs I had to change due to the axle rod being 3cm too short. But the end result was that the padded supports wound up being the right distance apart so that they fit into the hull grooves perfectly.

The only real disappointment was that I visited two yak retailers on Saturday who advertised on line that they sold kayak fittings, but neither one had anything I needed. Most of their accessories were in the form of kits, if anything at all. I really didn't want to spend $149 for an anchor trolley kit!

Fortunately the major hardware retailer had most of what I needed, and marine grade stainless steel fittings to boot. Also the $2 shop had things like aluminium caribiners and floating rope caddies.

I think things might have been different if I was located on the northern beaches, or would they?

I'll post some pics in the Menbers section soon.

Cheers,

Nursie