Anyone Chasing Tuna off Sydney this weekend?

35R

There were a few fish around last sunday but a big current running south pushed the swell up to near 5m running into the southerly wind out wide. Haven't heard of anyone going out midweek as weather hasn't been the best but Wollongong Comp on this weekend will mean you should see some reports Saturday night and a good number of boats out Sunday.

Just as boattart said... Saturday will be pretty rough but there is some good water wide that will hopefully have pushed some more fish in. It may be to wide for most trailer boats but it should keep pushing in over the next week. We will be out Sunday & SST's & currents still look good to catch some yellowfin.

Cheers

Damo

Well what an amazing yet frustrating day. Just about everyone found the bust-ups NE of browns, i have some video of the commotion, thousands of birds and fish going crazy. We must have made 50 passes for no hookups (i should have just thrown a stick bait into them!). For those of you who did hook up, what lures were you using?

Anyone going out through the week?

Well what an amazing yet frustrating day. Just about everyone found the bust-ups NE of browns, i have some video of the commotion, thousands of birds and fish going crazy. We must have made 50 passes for no hookups (i should have just thrown a stick bait into them!). For those of you who did hook up, what lures were you using?

Anyone going out through the week?

We got one on a 13 inch lumo sprocket hit the long rigger, hour and half fight, had within meters of boat 3 or four times then spat the hooks. Gutted hookup was early 7am, second hookup was on a deep diver purple about 11am lost that too

Edited by Hammer n tongs

We got one on a 13 inch lumo sprocket hit the long rigger, hour and half fight, had within meters of boat 3 or four times then spat the hooks. Gutted hookup was early 7am, second hookup was on a deep diver purple about 11am lost that too

Jeez, bugger. Thanks for the info on the lures. Are you going to try midweek?