Boat engine problems- advice needed.

rigga

Hey fellow raiders.

Just thought id ask here for some advice recently my 6 hp johnson motor has been playing up real bad. at first we thought it was a bad ratio of fuel to oil. but the next time we took it out, the same thing happened.

issue: motor starts fine and runs well for about 10 seconds, then 75% of power is lost and it bursts out on random power levels. i noticed when i slowed down alot of water cameout of the head/cover part of the motor and would run again for another 10 seconds.

Just wondering if anyone here can give me advice, would really be greatly appreciated,

Rigga tight lines

• 2 weeks later...

i took to to a motor mechanic just to get it inspected. roughly said the arm rod needs to be replaced as its way to stiff! and water has got to the sealings round the head gasket.

if anybody knows a good mechanic inbox me please

i took to to a motor mechanic just to get it inspected. roughly said the arm rod needs to be replaced as its way to stiff! and water has got to the sealings round the head gasket.

if anybody knows a good mechanic inbox me please

Craig at Huett Marine is the best in the business.

Please don't come back on here & complain when you take it to somebody else & they stuff it up!

Cheers,

Grant.