greasing drag washers

clemsy

Hi guys,

As of late, the drag on my stradic ci4 has been sticky and at times the drag will tighten itself when line is pulled out.

I have gotten a new drag knob, and drag stack thinking that might be the issue, but it has not solved it.

However, I noticed that the top washer (one facing the knob) has a generous amount of grease on it, after getting it back from shimano.

Should the top washer have so much grease on it? Causing the self tightening and sticky drag?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the reply, it doesn't tighten when I wind, only when line is pulled out, sometimes. There is no problem with the order, only 3 pieces ;) (1000fml).

Actually I didnt notice the self tightening till I got it back I actually took it there for a different problem (drag was a bit iffy, sometimes it would have no drag at all when line was pulled out, although that problem is still solved with a new knob).

Funnily enough, after I got it back, I have some serious wobble if you give it a good crank. Although when I asked the service guy at shimano, he said he didnt do anything to the reel body, cause my problems were in the spool. He just set the body aside. And he said that this is because of the ci4.

Although when I first bought this reel, I was looking at the normal 1000ci4 and they had some bad wobble in the shop too. At the time my 1000FML did not wobble in the shop.

Edited by clemzii

Hi guys,

As of late, the drag on my stradic ci4 has been sticky and at times the drag will tighten itself when line is pulled out.

I have gotten a new drag knob, and drag stack thinking that might be the issue, but it has not solved it.

However, I noticed that the top washer (one facing the knob) has a generous amount of grease on it, after getting it back from shimano.

Should the top washer have so much grease on it? Causing the self tightening and sticky drag?

Thanks for your help!

Hi mate. Its hard to tell whats wrong without looking at the reel but there is something not right with it thats for sure. A bit of extra grease on the washer wont cause any major problems.

If you sent it to Shimano to fix and it came back how you describe, I would be sending it back and telling them to fix what you sent it there the first time to fix!

You have already paid for new drag knob and washers and its still no good. Im wondering if you even needed those new parts at all....?