"The Shire" beautifull one day..........

Paikea

Pics taken last week, Lillie Pillie flats looking toward the National Park and the way into South West Arm from a little park at the end of Port Hacking Road Caringbah.

Sometimes take a sandwich for lunch and sit down on a bench with this view. Its a tough life.

There was a little Webster Twinfisher on the flats with two guys standing in the water next to it fishing. You gotta love this country!

Cheers

Paikea

I love Lilli Pilli. Pity the baths are so small. But if you get there first, there's good fish to be found. And, yes, it's a killer view. Always something to appreciate on a nice day. I hope it never gets old for you. I wonder what the poor people are doing!

Cheers,

Nursie

Whiting, Bream and Flathead. If you check Google Earth the area you will see that at the end of Port Hacking Road there is a park. Turn left and follow the shoreline for about 100 Meters and you should be able to get your Yak in without too much trouble.

The baths are to the right of Port Hacking Road, years ago there used to be a big resident Blue Groper that patrolled the area. Awesome to see this big lump of blue colour swimming up and down.

As a kid I use to catch octopus in the area, close to shore in the shallow water if you see a pile of shells with a hole in the middle that will be an occie home.

Another spot that you might try is at the end of Korokan road. (same are, check your map of Google) The cul de sac at the end runs into a marine reserve. I used to keep a tinnie on the rocks there and fish the ballast heap at high tide. A bit more difficult to get your yak down into the water but well worth the trouble. Also the little bay to the left of the place where you would put in the yak is a great place for whiting 2 hrs either side of high tide.

And if all else fails, you will love the scenery, its God's country.

Cheers

Paikea

Oops, big mistake! I said that the pics and above comments were of the area at the end of Port Hacking Road, should have been Lillie Pillie Point Road.

Port Hacking road runs into Lillie Pillie Pont Road but veers left before the end and runs down to Wally's wharf.

After living in the area for more than sixty years you'd think I would know my roads. Sorry about that.

Red Faced

Cheers

Paikea