Berowra Saturday

gibodfisho

Planned to fish Cowan but Pennant Hills Rd was a car park so veered of to the west and had a go IN Berowra. The conditions were great but the bites were very slow and had only a few choppers to show for our combined efforts. I hit a couple of new places and things were looking grim. I was using gulps and was thinking of a change when I got hit hard and a bream of 38cm fork was on board. I kept moving and found another good lookin area but the tide was really moving there. So as darkness approached and the crew gettin cold I went back to the successful spot and scored a beast. Sorry no measurement but it was the heaviest set bream I have taken, would have loved to get a weight on him or her, but the bream was bleeding sligtly and I popped it back quickly after some photos.

post-123-1124005551_thumb.jpg

post-123-1124005764_thumb.jpg

post-123-1124005930_thumb.jpg

Nice one Gibbo, Berowra would have to be my fave Breaming spot on the North side of Sydney. Nice Fish

Mitch

62264[/snapback]

Do you/ did you have more success on the banks or in the racks. I always preferred the racks but will have to get better fishing the banks now that healthy leases are disapearing. By the way how far south are you? If you get a chance fish Lake Wapengo heaps of racks and a creek. Fished there several years ago but was blown of the water by a big storm just as we found concentrations of fish. The ramp is shallow sand ( I was fishing from a canoe).

Do you/ did you have more success on the banks or in the racks. I always preferred the racks but will have to get better fishing the banks now that healthy leases are disapearing. By the way how far south are you? If you get a chance fish Lake Wapengo heaps of racks and a creek. Fished there several years ago but was blown of the water by a big storm just as we found concentrations of fish. The ramp is shallow sand ( I was fishing from a canoe).

62275[/snapback]

Mate, I have always had a lot more success fishing the banks in the Berowra. Some great days have been had there.

I am living next to narooma about 4 1/2 hours south of sydney. Where is Lake Wapengo at???

Mitch