Quintrex Perspex Windscreen help

Dhutchy

Hi Fishraiders,

I am hoping someone of you handy fellas can help. My perpex windscreen on my Quinnie has popped out of the aluminum guides and rubber fasteners. I will add pics later. But what is the best way to reinsert the perspex, into the guides with the rubber edging.

Rgds

Dhutchy

Hi David It's been a while since I've seen you on the site , guess you have been busy with other things.

Let's see the pic's but I suspect the whole frame will need to be removed , reposition the rubber & perspect back into the track , maybe with a bead of silicon to hold it in place , allow to dry then refit to the boat.

Geoff

G'day Geoff, good to hear from you. Its good to hear from you too. Its been a while because work has got in the way. Thanks for your tips. As always mate you are spot on..I am up to putting the bead of silicon on to hold it place. Fortunately its the hatch that is the major hassle, so thus far I have avoided removing the entire frame. Also I winning tip, I found on the internet was applying a bit of detergent to the rubber guides, which made the job just to easy.

This weekend, it was a family weekend we tried to do it all...fishing (not nearly nearly, a token effort really and I came up dough nuts), International Fleet Reivew - my in my 5m tinnie and every man and his dog, and some of the dogs were bloody big and touring the east side of the harbour from Rose Bay On... The washing machine under the bridge was on the spin cycle with fleets pleasure boats, restaurantes, cruisiers and yaks.

I hope your well mate and catching fish.

Rgds

David