Old school reels

alluring

My old man was cleaning out his shed today and stumbled upon his first ever fishing reel.. He's never been a mad keen fisho though, and it's actually the only reel I know of him owning to date hahaha.

Not sure when he bought it, I think it would have maybe been in the late 60s or 70s (maybe even more recent, I have no idea) when he would have been in his teens or early 20s. Tiny thing, not much line capacity, think he mentioned using it on trout and probably little stuff growing up out west. Model is a Roddy 650 ( R ).

Can't find any information on it online, and I'm not interested in value - I'm pretty sure these old reels are only worth around $25 or so on online shop anyway. As an industrial design student and keen fisher I'm admiring it and think it's great. Planning on pulling it apart and giving it a service and hopefully get it looking all nice again.

It'd be cool if anybody familar with the brand or these old school reels could give me any kind of information or pass on a story.. Maybe even share more photos of older reels and tackle.. I know it's no big deal but I'm finding it super interesting :)

I'll grab my phone and upload a picture or two shortly.

Edited by alluring