Flicking S.Ps along the beach for flathead and bream

Paul997

I have just started using soft plastics along Brighton le sands down to dolls point and I have had no luck :(

Every time I use them the wind throws my line horizontal to me. I've asked for advice from my mates who have had lots of luck on S.Ps but They are not much help. I am really losing my patience using them. Can anyone give me advice on where I could use them around Sydney and also some techniques using them. Which type of plastics do you have much success with?

Thank you in advance

I have just started using soft plastics along Brighton le sands down to dolls point and I have had no luck :(

Every time I use them the wind throws my line horizontal to me. I've asked for advice from my mates who have had lots of luck on S.Ps but They are not much help. I am really losing my patience using them. Can anyone give me advice on where I could use them around Sydney and also some techniques using them. Which type of plastics do you have much success with?

Thank you in advance

what's the weight of your jighead?

Try blades they are a bit heavier and less wind resistant My pick would be strikepro cybervibe 35 in colour 1460B for the clear water there Its also consistent on whiting With SPs it sounds like you may need to use heavier jigheads I would try 80 or 100 mm wrigglers in wasabi with maybe a 1/8th jighead

Hi mate,

Don't know that area so can't help you with locations but I would suggest specifically targeting flathead as they're probably the easiest fish to catch on plastics. That means using heavier jig heads (1/4oz or more) and preferably paddle tails in the 70mm-100mm length. The heavier jig heads will help with casting distance (which also means more area being covered), and keep the plastic on or near the bottom where flathead are most prevalent. The heavier jig head will also cause more noise on impact with the bottom (drawing the flathead's attention) and work the paddle tail better on the drop. Then it should just be about covering enough ground to come across the fish.

Aidan