Aquarium/Fishing Hobby

gianniz

I'm a keen fisho and also into aquarium hobby. My mates thinks 2 hobbies contradicts one and other but I think they go hand in hand :)

I've also recently got into Marines as I have found so many weird and amazing things I caught on my fishing trips :)

Anyway here's one of my oddball tank :)

m5a-VuM_Mts

So anyone else started a marine tank because of fishing? :)

Nice.

I've got a freshwater tank but I can only keep 2 things in there.

My 5 yr old bass & recently a snail.

Anything else I've introduced has been eaten. The snail is still

alive after 5 weeks.

It's more like a pirahna than a bass!

When you closely look at their behaviour in a tank you can

tell when fish are sulking or firing up.

She's my "bassometer".

Cheers,

Grant.

Nice.

I've got a freshwater tank but I can only keep 2 things in there.

My 5 yr old bass & recently a snail.

Anything else I've introduced has been eaten. The snail is still

alive after 5 weeks.

It's more like a pirahna than a bass!

When you closely look at their behaviour in a tank you can

tell when fish are sulking or firing up.

She's my "bassometer".

Cheers,

Grant.

No fair... I want a bassometer... and a troutometer! I may have to look into that and make it happen somehow. I do believe though a troutometer would require some cold water, not sure how I would go about cooling water down for a happy underwater friend home. Bassometer may be more viable me thinketh. What do you feed your bass Grant?

Luc.

No fair... I want a bassometer... and a troutometer! I may have to look into that and make it happen somehow. I do believe though a troutometer would require some cold water, not sure how I would go about cooling water down for a happy underwater friend home. Bassometer may be more viable me thinketh. What do you feed your bass Grant?

Luc.

Absolutely anything! Moths, lizards, cockroaches, worms, any bug at all.

If I can't get anything live then she gets strips of chicken or steak, even the very odd bit of cheese!

It's a very cool pet & very easy to look after. I'm too lazy to have an elaborate set up like some

of the ones posted here.

Cheers,

Grant.

Great stuff

Loved to have a nice salt water tank. Could watch that stuff for hours.

Question, do the Squid sometimes squirt any ink?

Sure it squirts :) First time it did I panicked but not they dumpling ink doesn't spread/disperse, it just stays in a clump. I initially sucked it up with a hose. Next time it inked it did nothing and the ink just disappears and doesn't effect the water or the inhabitant.

Welcome to the hobby mate!

Just saw a bobtail/dumpling squid for sale. they are cute little things.

Heres a pic of my marine tank/bar: Let me know if you wana see more pics.

Cheers

attachicon.gifAAA.jpg

attachicon.gifAAA 1.jpg

attachicon.giftanks 4.jpg

Predator, if you saw the ad on mass or petlnk, it's mine :) Got few and hopefully in few months I'll have 100's as Dumpling laid eggs everywhere!

Predator and Scienceman, envious of your reef tank, tried corals but kills soooo many so going to change mine to cuttlefish, squid, occy tank. Just need to get non-bluering occy as I still have nightmares about it crawling out and biting me!

yep saw it on masa.

was guna PM you about how long they live. most squid have a pretty short life span right? As for corals, at first i went through a few but now i got the hang of it. currently, in the process of re-aquascaping.

im changing over to bigger fish now too so should be interesting

yep saw it on masa.

was guna PM you about how long they live. most squid have a pretty short life span right? As for corals, at first i went through a few but now i got the hang of it. currently, in the process of re-aquascaping.

im changing over to bigger fish now too so should be interesting

Most don't live for more than 2 years. Not sure how long this one will last but I will be able to study them now, because as of this morning this happened...

IMG_20131024_120248_zps41a59c0d.jpg