Morning session on the rocks In South Curl Curl

quochuy

I'm switching sleep cycle again and this is my first sunrise day. Low tide at around 7.23am, got to Manly at 5.45am but got only undersized Tailors so I drove off to South Curl Curl. On the rocks at 6.30am and I noticed there were lot of fishermen today on the rocks 200 meters on my left. One of the guy was fishing with live baits and caught 3 fish in less than half an hour, seems to much of an easy fight to be king fish, so I think it must have been sambos.

20 minutes after my first cast, the line straighten and my rod tipped down, fish on! Seeing a jump on top of the water, that is definitely a salmon. He then went straight to the rocks, damn! So I let go of some line to release the pressure and he turn back to the sea, after a nice fight, I finally landed a nice one.

Then a second hookup, but unfortunately this time my sinker got stuck on some oyster on the rocks, after a moment I managed to have the sinker line to break still keeping the fish on the dropper line, but that was too late, the line above the hook was already damaged and with a little pull it snapped, releasing the fish back to the ocean. Good for him :-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Chenjie, it's very slow at the moment, but it's starting to get better. Try to go at sunrise or sunset especially during the two hours time frame around low tide. The spot is the rocks near the pool at the south corner of the beach.

Awaiting for my Adrenalin spike boots to arrive. The spot I was is of high vantage, not like the Flat Rock next to it. Been watching it for the last couple of months and never seen waves reaching it at low tide. I'll try the Flat Rock once the boots arrive.

Still looking for a life jacket too.

Edited by quochuy