Hacking Prawns

AI fella

Hi all , was out chasing whiting on the flats at night and there were prawns everywhere! and some were huge! the whiting were all fat and not fussed on nippers so think its time to fish with live prawns and a bobby cork...anyone caught kings on live prawns? or should I just stir fry the prawns?!

Cheers

Edited by AI fella

Guest Aussie007

Hi all , was out chasing whiting on the flats at night and there were prawns everywhere! and some were huge! the whiting were all fat and not fussed on nippers so think its time to fish with live prawns and a bobby cork...anyone caught kings on live prawns? or should I just stir fry the prawns?!

Cheers

i remember someone saying a while ago parts of the hacking are protected u cant catch bait in certain sections so maybe look it up just so u dont fall into s...

those live prawns will be deadly on big hacking flatties

Hey mate i saw alot saturday night too they are usualy all small though, cant use prawning nets in the hacking which makes it hard to catch them

Hmm I hear you cant pump nippers at Maianbar too but I see people there at every time of day.....the spot I found the big prawns is unacessable by boats and good luck walking there at night...I'll just use the old poddie traps....they were jumping in the kayak so they will end up on a hook :banana: but cheers for the heads up

Gaz