Family day in PS

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Decided to take the whole family on Sunday fishing in the bay! The plan was to get up early and pack lunch, boat and iPods for the little ones. Well, everything went to plan and we hit the water about 7am. I'd rigged up 4 rods for SP's and hard bodies and we managed a few smallish fish in the first couple of hours.

post-24974-0-11364300-1382908871_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-47548800-1382908897_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-80739600-1382908970_thumb.jpg

I decided to change it up and use a few nippers I'd got the day before and managed a trumpeter whiting at 27cm that I used for live baiting along with the tailor we caught.

post-24974-0-57736200-1382909583_thumb.jpg

It was very difficult to manage so many people on the boat throwing SP's and the constant tangles, so we all wound up, set out the livies and threw a big squid bait out the back while we had a bit of morning tea.

Nothing touched the live baits but I could see the squid baited rod slowly sneaking off and I knew what is was, so I got my son to grab hold of it and wind it in. At least we got a rod bent!

post-24974-0-49175800-1382909913_thumb.jpg

The wind then decided to rear it's ugly head again (getting sick of the wind) and it was time to head home.

Not the most productive day in the bay for me but a day on the water with the family is always a great day out!

post-24974-0-83244800-1382910096_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Edited by Scratchie

Sounds like the perfect day me scratchie. What more could a bloke ask for? Besides a pb jew;) spotie...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks spotie. Was really hoping a Jew would hit the livies because I've just set up my new gopro on the boat.

great day out with the family Scratchie. I 2nd your notion on the wind though, it blows up daily almost like clockwork whenever I get anywhere near the water with the boat lately!

Thanks linc, it was a nice day! And yes, I'm well and truly over this wind. It was predicted to blow up from 2pm but cut short our trip by 3hrs and I missed the best part of the tide. Grrrrr :(

Nothing beats a day on the water with the family , can't wait to head out to the beautiful port Stephen's with the family for a fish . :fishing1:

Thanks joe, with summer approaching I don't think you can go past the breathtaking PS. Let me know if u get up this way.

For the beginner. What fish is the 2nd last one? My initial thought was some kind of shark but the head threw me for a loop

It is a type of shark. A shovel nose shark. They actually aren't that bad to eat but the bigger they get, the worse they taste. There are thousands of them in the bay and If you sit your bait on the bottom there's every chance you'll get one! For me they are throw backs!

Just booked 2 nights in PS just after Xmas (wanted to camp for a week but far too late to book that!) looking forward to checking out this place we always see you bragging about Scratchie :clapping:

Lol. Don't need to brag, it's there for all to see!

The marlin should be on then too! :)

Excellent stuff Scratchie!

After all that you've been through with the tragic bush fires you deserve many lovely days out on the water with the family.

Great effort with all those rods and lines in the water with the kids. Superb rod management skillls and nice catch too :thumbup:

Very cute photo of your little boy holding the fishing rod, I bet he's a gun fisho even at such a young age!

Hope the winds are more favourable next time you get onto a faimly PB Jew.

Nicely done and thanks for sharing.

Ian

Excellent stuff Scratchie!

After all that you've been through with the tragic bush fires you deserve many lovely days out on the water with the family.

Great effort with all those rods and lines in the water with the kids. Superb rod management skillls and nice catch too :thumbup:

Very cute photo of your little boy holding the fishing rod, I bet he's a gun fisho even at such a young age!

Hope the winds are more favourable next time you get onto a faimly PB Jew.

Nicely done and thanks for sharing.

Ian

Thanks for your kind words Ian. It has been a stressful couple of weeks and was just what the family needed. The youngest was taught to cast on that day with SP's and managed a little tailor, he was stoked! Rod management was more about me standing back and directing traffic!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Looks like a everyone had a blast!

Hopefully by the time I have kids I'll be able to show them a thing or two!

Frank

Thanks frank. The key to teaching kids is patience and start them at a really young age! My 4 kids all were shown how to fish at age2. The two older boys call what fish it is by the way it fights.