Erina Creek Wed 6th. First EP. Bream on hardbodys

mottyman

Hi Guys and Girls,

Sorry for the late report but just found time now to stick it up.

Was up at MacMasters Beach for a week with the fam. Took the yak and went out to Erina Creek on Wed 6th for a look around and a flick given I've never fished it before. Got the yak on the water before sun up and paddled around having a look and getting a feel for the place while dragging a lure behind me.

The tide was on the last run out when I got there and the best action was at the dead low slack water and the turn of the run in.

Had a great morning trolling hard body's and flicking at baitfish busting up on the surface. Tailor chasing the bait fish but I did pull one bream on a lure from underneath the bust up which was great.

The highlight for me was my very first EP. Got him under the bridge at the entrance to Brisbane Water after I trolled through, caught a small tailor so turned around and threw the lure back under. I gave it a twitch or two and then let it sit. The EP sucked the lure down on the pause which was really cool. He went 30cm so I was very happy with that.

Trolled up the creek, which I have to say is a bit of a "sewer", but there are heaps of fish, stingrays and eels in there. Got a few bream, saw heaps of wildlife and then pulled the pin about 9.30am to head back and see what the fam was up to.

So I think I did fairly well for a totally new stretch of water for me and was very happy in the end to bag the fish it did.

Some pics follow of fish caught big and small... All taken on the one lure, tried plastics, different hardbodys for no result. The pink Halco Scorpion did all the damage.

Cheers

David.

post-237-0-66923700-1384074625_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-91179900-1384074677_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-16286500-1384074747_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-39152400-1384074797_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-38458300-1384074858_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-74496100-1384074915_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-02461700-1384074978_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-52186100-1384075037_thumb.jpg

Thanks Scratchie, I was pretty pleased - especially with the EP!!!! It was a great delight to catch that fish, just a bit special :-)

Oh... and its even more special from the Yak... you just seem so much closer to the action than in a boat, I'm totally addicted to Yak fishing now....

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Well done! Some great fish. I live local but have mainly yak fished the lagoons around Terrigal and Avoca, I've been meaning to seriously hit up the Broadwater and Erina Creek, where abouts did you launch?

Top effort mate!

Well done! Some great fish. I live local but have mainly yak fished the lagoons around Terrigal and Avoca, I've been meaning to seriously hit up the Broadwater and Erina Creek, where abouts did you launch?

Top effort mate!

G'day mate,

I launched at the very small boat ramps along the main road that runs parallel to the creek, right near the bridge over the creek. Is that the central coast highway???? Can't remember but near the bridge.

How do you go in the lagoons.... I was staying at MacMasters beach and was going to fish Cochran(sp) Lagoon but didn't as it didn't look like there was much action in there.

Thanks for your kind comments everyone!!!!

Cheers

David.

G'day mate,

I launched at the very small boat ramps along the main road that runs parallel to the creek, right near the bridge over the creek. Is that the central coast highway???? Can't remember but near the bridge.

How do you go in the lagoons.... I was staying at MacMasters beach and was going to fish Cochran(sp) Lagoon but didn't as it didn't look like there was much action in there.

Thanks for your kind comments everyone!!!!

Cheers

David.

Yeah mate that's along the Central Coast Highway and where I have thought about launching as well. The lagoons are a bit of fun, no keepers though (water condition is a big factor). I have seen some woefully undersized fish caught and kept both at Avoca and Terrigal lagoons. Small baits and very small hooks are the ticket for juvenile bream, small flathead and the occasional whiting. I fish them mainly because I can walk my kayak down to one with the kids, they are safe for the kids to fish from with me in the yak. So a bit of fun and safe but not worth it if you're after serious fish or keepers.

• 2 months later...