First yella!

alluring

After a great evening session on Redfin with pomey_git yesterday evening I was up at 5am to take another crack at yerribi pond in Canberra. As some of you might had read in my last report; I had a bit of a disaster boating my first Murray cod down there a few weeks ago.. Been obsessing over them since hahah, but the weather hasn't been good enough to get back out till today.

Flicked around a spinnerbait for a few hours; trailing the edges of the weed beds and after a while, WHACK. After a great fight I'd netted a beautiful yellowbelly!! Thrilled haha. Finally christened the yak, and my new freshwater setup. Magic.

post-31285-0-71588000-1384650102_thumb.jpg

Edited by alluring

Nice fish...

Sorry to hijack, I'm gonna be visiting family over xmas in Canberra and wouldn't mind sticking a float or spinner in somewhere.. Is Yerribi pond the best spot or do you have any other local knowledge (ill be fishing from the side).

(p.s i'm a pommy git... don't mention the cricket ok :brucelee: )

Nice fish...

Sorry to hijack, I'm gonna be visiting family over xmas in Canberra and wouldn't mind sticking a float or spinner in somewhere.. Is Yerribi pond the best spot or do you have any other local knowledge (ill be fishing from the side).

(p.s i'm a pommy git... don't mention the cricket ok :brucelee: )

far as I know (word of mouth) yerrabi (and also gunghlin pond) is the best for natives - though landbased I've found that it's difficult to fish in alot of areas because of the heavy weed.. In the hot weather too kambah pools really fire up if you're up for a hike. A mate of mine caught 56 Cod in the river there over last summer, and two trout cod too! Plenty of yellas there too I think..

Burley griffin and ginninderra almost gaurantee the pest species, but there are natives in there.. depends what you're after I guess! All that said I'm fairly new to the canberra freshwater scene.. still learning the ropes for a fair bit but in the last month I've nailed my first yellowbelly, trout and a heap of redfin! Another spot worth going perhaps.. if you want to drive out to the yass river or cotter dam you can't miss a carp - but theres plenty of overrun waterways closer to home.

Edited by alluring