Broughton Island Snapper!

Scratchie

Tremendous stuff yet again Scratchie :1clap:

With a strike rate and average like yours you should be in the top order of the batting line up for the Aussie cricket team then you can punish the POMs and send them home crying without the urn!!

Congratulations on another superb ripping fish and good luck for COTM.

Wonderful write up as well to capture the moment. I always feel like I am there too when reading your reports.

Hope your finger is ok from the braid slicing.

Thanks for sharing and have a top weekend.

Ian

Tremendous stuff yet again Scratchie :1clap:

With a strike rate and average like yours you should be in the top order of the batting line up for the Aussie cricket team then you can punish the POMs and send them home crying without the urn!!

Congratulations on another superb ripping fish and good luck for COTM.

Wonderful write up as well to capture the moment. I always feel like I am there too when reading your reports.

Hope your finger is ok from the braid slicing.

Thanks for sharing and have a top weekend.

Ian

Cheers Ian! Please don't put the mockers on me. Our top order hopeless. Glad you enjoyed the read!

Scratchie be up next week

Good to catch up again

Going to the bowlo Friday night for the $6000

Tinny raffle should come

Going fishing on my mates new boat Sunday

nu3u5y5u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate will meet you at the bowlo Friday night. Would love a ride on your mates boat I'd there's a spot available.

G'day raiders,After a few conversations with a fellow raider Oziodin, I got a leave pass and decided to join him and his mate on a trip around port stephens. Been the local, I had a few ideas in mind and we headed off to fill the tank with livies. First stop cabbage tree and it didn't take long to get quite a few in the tank and the boys were well pleased with the little effort required.Next we headed off to Broughton island and with a specific target of snapper. We dropped anchor but failed to hold bottom, so back up we went and this time successful so we started a burley trail. Mixing up our baits we found peeled prawn to be the choice and I loaded my 3/8 5inch jig head with large peeled prawn and let it drift down the current. First hit, a nice little panny, second another panny. The boys were into to and managed a few different fish and dropped something that took one of their livies.Then I was calling for a change in location, and as I spoke I was feeling my line to see where the jig was and bang zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz it sliced through my finger and peeling line like no tomorrow. This was a bigger panny for sure. After a great fight with several runs and some clever netting by Oziodin it comes the beautiful specimen!attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgI then thought it might be good idea to head further out and chase some kings or trag but once we got there the current was pushing fast south and we were drifting north and even with 12oz sinkers couldn't hold bottom.We decided then on a slow troll from the islands in but didn't manage another fish!It was a beautiful morning on the water, it was great to meet yet another raider Oziodin and mate, thank you both for hospitality and you are both great blokes. I hope you enjoy your trip and hope I helped in some way to show you a few spots. Sorry I caught the big one but as I said "the fish seem to like the locals more, lol"attachicon.gifimage.jpgThe snapper went 68cm just 4kg and will go real well on the BBQ tonight!Thanks for reading!Cheers scratchie!!!

Good reds got to love snapper great barbie fish.

G'day raiders,After a few conversations with a fellow raider Oziodin, I got a leave pass and decided to join him and his mate on a trip around port stephens. Been the local, I had a few ideas in mind and we headed off to fill the tank with livies. First stop cabbage tree and it didn't take long to get quite a few in the tank and the boys were well pleased with the little effort required.Next we headed off to Broughton island and with a specific target of snapper. We dropped anchor but failed to hold bottom, so back up we went and this time successful so we started a burley trail. Mixing up our baits we found peeled prawn to be the choice and I loaded my 3/8 5inch jig head with large peeled prawn and let it drift down the current. First hit, a nice little panny, second another panny. The boys were into to and managed a few different fish and dropped something that took one of their livies.Then I was calling for a change in location, and as I spoke I was feeling my line to see where the jig was and bang zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz it sliced through my finger and peeling line like no tomorrow. This was a bigger panny for sure. After a great fight with several runs and some clever netting by Oziodin it comes the beautiful specimen!attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgI then thought it might be good idea to head further out and chase some kings or trag but once we got there the current was pushing fast south and we were drifting north and even with 12oz sinkers couldn't hold bottom.We decided then on a slow troll from the islands in but didn't manage another fish!It was a beautiful morning on the water, it was great to meet yet another raider Oziodin and mate, thank you both for hospitality and you are both great blokes. I hope you enjoy your trip and hope I helped in some way to show you a few spots. Sorry I caught the big one but as I said "the fish seem to like the locals more, lol"attachicon.gifimage.jpgThe snapper went 68cm just 4kg and will go real well on the BBQ tonight!Thanks for reading!Cheers scratchie!!!

Good reds got to love snapper great barbie fish.

Well done Scratchie. Good reds there mate. You have got me inspired. I have fished up at broughton a lot but not much of late. May have to get back up there soon. Cheers. Erroll

Thanks erroll, great place to fish but only if the weather allows! It was a great day up there, I love fishing Broughton!

Hi Jeff

Thank you for you showing us around in Port's Hot Spots, had a great day on the water and enjoyed the day,all the tips we got from you . so when we come up next Time I'll give you a Bell ! if you like to come out and chase the really big stuff . Unfortunately the Weather went Pear shape and we called the Trip Short. but there will always be a next time. ( left out the BBQ we had . LOL LOL LOL ) mate it was a great report well written cover it all mate Well-done mate .Enjoyed you Company see Ya next time !

Oziodin Yern

Hi Jeff

Thank you for you showing us around in Port's Hot Spots, had a great day on the water and enjoyed the day,all the tips we got from you . so when we come up next Time I'll give you a Bell ! if you like to come out and chase the really big stuff . Unfortunately the Weather went Pear shape and we called the Trip Short. but there will always be a next time. ( left out the BBQ we had . LOL LOL LOL ) mate it was a great report well written cover it all mate Well-done mate .Enjoyed you Company see Ya next time !

Oziodin Yern

Awesome Yern! Really glad you enjoyed yourself. Sorry about the weather but nothing I can do about that. I haven't been fishing since that day because of it, oh except 1hr yesterday afternoon off the rocks. Was pretty hectic but needed my fix! :)

Next time you come up, give me a bell for sure but you might have to twist my arm to come fishing! Lol lol

Until then, tight lines!

Cheers scratchie!!!