BONNIE VALE BEACH TO HOST INAUGURAL ‘BOATING SAFETY DAY’

mrsswordfisherman

Media Release

22 November 2013

BONNIE VALE BEACH TO HOST

INAUGURAL ‘BOATING SAFETY DAY’

Transport for NSW will hold the inaugural ‘Boating Safety Day’ this Sunday at Bonnie Vale Beach, Royal National Park, with the first 100 skippers to win a boating prize pack.

From 11am to 3pm, recreational boaters are invited to come along and talk to marine safety experts, view safety exhibits and get the chance to win some great prizes said General Manager of the Maritime Management Centre Howard Glenn.

"With the holiday season not far away, we’re heading into peak boating season, so it’s a great time to promote the importance of safe boating on our waterways.

"We’re hoping that this event will pave the way for more safety days like this to be held in other key boating areas in the future," Mr Glenn said.

"To encourage as many people to come down and take a look, the first 100 skippers to arrive by boat, and that includes by paddle, sail or power, will receive a free gift pack that includes a range of safety information and an inflatable lifejacket.

"We’ll be having a free sausage sizzle between 12 and 1.30pm and there will also be a number of prizes to be won, including new generation inflatable lifejackets and waterproof handheld marine band radios," Mr Glenn said.

Mr Glenn said that while there will be strong focus on safe boating, the day is all about having fun.

"For anyone who comes along there will be a number of things to do including free sailing and paddling activities.

"There will also be a dedicated lifejacket information stall set up to show people the new generation styles available.

"There is a common misconception out there that lifejackets are big and bulky which is definitely not the case," Mr Glenn said. |

"Sunday’s display will show everyone that lifejackets have been modernised so they don’t interfere with any on-water activity. They’re slim fitting, stylish and very affordable for people to buy.

"People can try on inflatable lifejackets and see demonstrations of how they are inflated," Mr Glenn said.

Transport for NSW arranged the day with the support of some key marine safety stakeholders Mr Glenn said.

"This day would not be possible without the collaboration of Roads and Maritime Services, Marine Area Command, Boating Industry Association of NSW, Marine Teachers Association of NSW, Surf Life Saving NSW, Marine Rescue NSW, Office of Environment and Heritage NSW, Bundeena Kayaks, Glide Industries and PFD1 Australia," Mr Glenn said.

Vehicle access to Bonnie Vale beach is limited so the public are encouraged to come by water on private craft or via the Bundeena Ferry.

More information can be found at boatforlife.com.au/boatingsafetyday

Amazing,

I live in the Sutherland Shire.

My boat is in a marina in Port Hacking

The 2 maritime boats are berthed at the marina

My new rego sticker only came in the mail this week

And this is the first notice I have seen of this event. Well promoted....Not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Amazing,

I live in the Sutherland Shire.

My boat is in a marina in Port Hacking

The 2 maritime boats are berthed at the marina

My new rego sticker only came in the mail this week

And this is the first notice I have seen of this event. Well promoted....Not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

True. That media release was sent to me 22nd Nov 2013 and just says this Sunday (24th)

I cant understand why it wasn't sent out earlier.