Harbour 23/11/13

reubs

Hey all, headed out from rose bay at about 5:30am and headed to shark island there was a bit of surface action and had to stop because the boat was playing funny games and blowing a heap of smoke.. When I swapped the tank over it seemed to disappear though so hopefully was just a dodgy mix...anywho couldn't tempt a bite casting just about everything at the bust up...didn't have any livies either unfortunately...ended up hanging around there for a while as the throttle started screaming at me so while I fixed that my mate got to work fishing unweighted bits of pilly and soon had a healthy 33cm trev onboard..ended up hanging around there for about 2 hours for 3 trevs to 35cm...picked up 2 more passengers at about 8 and headed back to the island where there were still schools of kingies busting up but would not go for any plastics, metals or assortment of hard bodies I threw at them which was quite disappointing...so keen to test my new live liner we anchored up and launched a pilly out on the new rig..it started to run after about 15 mins so I clicked it into gear and it was game on..had a 9yr old onboard so let him bring it in with a bit of assistance and boated a nice eel...not my cup of tea but I know a family that would appreciate it so it was kept for them.. Moved around a bit..off camp cove..then to Clifton gardens where I managed to find 3squidlets 2 were used as picker bait :| and one was lost in a flurry of excitement from the young bloke onboard...we sat out half an hour of rain under the Bimini with some lines soaking bait but not much interest other than baby snapper...we anchored up in another spot back on the rose bay side and raised a few small blue morwongs which was really cool and they were safely sent back to their watery homes. I managed to hook the wreck just of Clarke Island...the good thing was it was a good test of my knots which didn't fail :) got my new dragonfly sounder onboard which was pretty awesome to use I really like it though anything is better than the old lowrance x47 I had which was not up to much at all...

Anyone know what the kingies are feeding on?! I was really hoping to get some hits on light gear and have a bit of fun..

Tight lines

Reubs

Guest hawkesbass

Not a bad day out with a young bloke onboard easy too keep em entertained when anything is landed.

Ill show how too fish and when too fish sow and pigs one day when we can get it organised.

Happy captures