Central Coast Croc - PB by far!

chubbz

Hello fellow Raiders,

Very seldom that I post but could not resist after this catch.

Was a terrible start to the day - loaded boat and got on road at about 8.30am to arrive at Brooklyn to find the Bridge to Bridge boats loading. Head to Moony Moony boat ramp to find the water police, Marine rescue and ambulance working on the girl that sadly is now in a critical condition.

We then set out to central coast (brisbane waters?)

After finally getting the boat in the water by 10.45 we set out just around the main bay trying to find a spot that looked fishy - got the rods set up as follows;

Shimano 1-2kg matched with a stella 1000 - 4 pound main 8 pound leader, 3/8 jig head with a 5" Jerk shad in Nuclea Chicken and a 2-4kg (same rod/2000 reel) with a squid jig.

Tossed around for about 2hrs with a couple of hits and nothing in the net - got snagged a few times as the area is very weady - spotted a few squid but could not land any.

Got snagged - re rigged and first cast the jig hits the water let it drop, get a drink and give the rod a flick, abd stuck......%#$& snagged on first cast - give it a bit of a wind and it comes loose - thank god - zzzzzzzzzzzz the reel sceams, head slight shake and zzzzzzz, yell to my brother - i think im actually on after a 5 min battle and about 3 decent runs we see colour and its a massive lizard try and turn him to place in net and it takes 1 final run - finally get her back close, scoop her just into the net as she didnt really fit, she is in the boat and high fives all around.

My PB flatty previous to this was 48cm (and close to my biggest ever fish) and she rolled up @ (estimate as longer than ruler) 72cm..... a fish of a lifetime for someone like me that never lands anything big!

Still have adrenaline running though me and cant wait to get back out there and hopefully have another write up soon!!

A few snaps and back she goes to make babies

Would like to enter this into catch of the month!

post-24920-0-46886600-1385351450_thumb.jpgpost-24920-0-08268500-1385351442_thumb.jpg

That's a huge improvement on your previous PB ... congrats! :clapping:

You just need to remember the technique, equipment and conditions you used to catch it and you'll be surprised how many more bigger fish will come your way.

Cheers

Hodgey