Early morning success

pomey_git

Hi guys, just wanted to share our adventures this morning.

The 4.45 alarm was a bit of a shock but alluring and I had planed to get to yerrabi ponds around sun up. Clearly suffering from studenitis I got a text saying he was having another 30mins in bed.

Posted Image

But the SS lay in hoved into view just in time to unhook me from a snag. Thanks for that mate :)

I walked around trying my hand with a halco night walker while the flotilla bobed around with a spinner bait on.

I threw my lure tight to the dam wall, left it for a second, then began a slow retrieve as it blooped along. SPLASH!

My rod loaded up nicely. My first though was, 'some snag!' Then I realised I was onto something as a tail came out of the water.

All I could manage to yell, in the confusion and surprise was, 'COD!'

My kayaking companion paddled over to help out and get a photo so I kept her in the water. She managed to unhook her self before we could get one of me holding her. But it was great to see it swim away safely. Posted Image

A while later I was on the other side of the pond to hear some commotion coming from the far bank. There was a flash of gold on the kayak and I received a text with a picture of a fat grin and a fat yellow belly. (Insert bragging photo here mate)

Great start to the weekend. :) I won't take up any more of yours. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk