Has anyone set up a live bait tank in the front of a bowrider

longy509

Hi has anyone set up a live bait tank in the front of a bowrider if so what size pumps did u use etc to get the water up there ffrom the rear of boat and how did u go about it any pictures would be great my boat is a 5.4 allycraft i have a 60l esky i am thinking about using just unsure of how to go about it

Guest Aussie007

Hi has anyone set up a live bait tank in the front of a bowrider if so what size pumps did u use etc to get the water up there ffrom the rear of boat and how did u go about it any pictures would be great my boat is a 5.4 allycraft i have a 60l esky i am thinking about using just unsure of how to go about it

a mate has a 5.3m quintrex freedom sport, we use the front left storage compartment as a live bait tank just plug the hole in the bottom with some plastic shopping bag than fill it up with a bucket, it holds 6 yakkas for about 3-4 hours without a pump with about 8 yakkas they seem to die in an hour or so

than we just remove the plastic bag 5mins before we hit the ramp and it self siphons

Guest Aussie007

Cheers mate but mine only has a carpet floor so a plastic bag wont work

u use one of your bowrider under seat compartments, the bag is to block the drain hole in the bottom as it auto siphons any water that comes over the bow while driving

hope that cleared it up

Edited by gazza

• 2 weeks later...