Wollongong

Tulz

Decided to hit one of the Wollongong beaches this afternoon and chase some Jewies. The high tide was coinciding with sunset and with a few nice gutters on the beach things were looking good.

I set up my bait rod with some fresh squid and put it in the rod holder whilst I threw some metal lures around in the hope of a Tailor I could use for live bait. I couldn't find any Tailor along the beach and the Squid wasn't getting a touch either.

About half an hour from sunset the bait rod buckles over and I'm on. Whatever it is is making a good account for itself but it's no match for the 20lb braid. Within no time I beach a Salmon measuring 45cm.

A new squid goes on and almost immediately the rod buckles again and another Salmon is on, this one puts up more of a fight but again is on the beach in no time. This one measures a little bigger at 50cm. Whilst I love chasing Sambos it's not my target this afternoon and on my heavier Jewie gear they'r just not as fun. And besides, I'm losing all my Jewie bait to them!!!

After that all goes quiet and I don't get any action so I head home. At least it wasn't a doughnut and it was an awesome afternooon to start Summer.