Electric anchor winch

locodave

Hi Locodave,

Funny you should ask. I just finished installing an Australian made drum style anchor winch, made from 6mm 316 stainless. I bought it direct from a bloke in S.A. and the quality, workmanship and service has been first rate. I fitted it to my 560C barcrusher. It holds 125m of 8mm rope and upto 10m of 8mm chain. The winch, wiring, all fittings and delivery was around $2000.00. First test run is this weekend. Let you know how it goes. All in all very impressed so far. PM me if you want any further details. Best of luck...........

Dave

I've been looking and I think they charge a premium because they know lazy asses like myself want the convenience.

haha, mate you won't need one yet with your new boat! That is just good excercise! Wait to you start to upgrade, about 3 boats down and then you will definitely want a winch!

My brother has a similar drum winch (different brand) fitted to his boat which I've used quite a few times. After the first trip out and using his winch I decided "I've got to get me one of these!!". It was absolutely brilliant. Easy to use, effective and just made anchoring a joy. I can't see mine being anything different. I'll let you know.......

Dave

Hi, drum winches work well and there are many brands out there ranging a lot in price. The anchor well will determine what someone can fit and Dave, your tournament does not have the room or strong enough bulkhead to fit a drum winch and I doubt it has a "shelf" to fit a capstain winch so that will make fitting a winch a bit tricky. Anything is possible if you have the money and inclination to make it happen so measure what you have twice and see what will fit.

Cheers,

Huey.