harbour - land based

kiwibrown

Hi Guys,

Have any of you sydney harbour land based fishos had and any decent catches recently?

I have been out a few times in the last couple of weeks with no real success. I thought at this time of the year things would really be heating up. Would be interested to know of any good spots around the harbour that are producing some good fish.

My main flathead spot has only produced one small fish after three attempts thus far. I managed this snapper on Wednesday which may have been legal but it went back in.

Anyway, got to keep trying.........the goal is still that kingfish this summer.

post-31566-0-34744800-1386880182_thumb.jpg

I caught a 60 cm flatty at Northbridge a few days ago, and a sole and a whiting last week but otherwise no great successes. That said I'm learning SP so it's prolly me! Keep at it mate I'm sure they're around the corner. There are many water access points around Sailors bay and sugarloaf bay, Google Earth does wonders.

If you're fishing a wharf burley hard and fish the structure, no point casting into no mans land when the fish are beneath you. At this time of year with warmer water and baitfish most wharves in the harbour will fire on a run in or run out tide, just fish light with a very small sinker or none at all and fresh bait and you will go a long way to getting that kingfish.