Bay Boat for Fishing Sydney Area

The Yank

• 5 months later...

Hello All,

Appreciate all the advice back in January about bringing a boat over from the USA. Long story short, I made it to this side of the world but a last minute insurance issue with the freight company changed the economics of the venture and led to the boat being left behind. I did manage to get my fishing kayak into the container though so able to get out and enjoy the wonderful waters here.

Does anyone yak fish around the harbour this time of year? Would be great to synch up for a trip sometime. I've been giving it a go and dodging ferries as often as possible- more fishing than catching so far but getting there.

For those of you who do Yak fish around the city, do you know of any good places to store a kayak near the water? I've got a short term rental with a garage for now but next month will be moving and may not have a place onsite to store it. Probably going to move out toward the northern beaches- Seaforth, DeeWhy, Manly area. I've seen a lot of kayak rental places but haven't come across anywhere to store and launch from yet over there.

Guest no one

I see a few yaks in Botany Bay on calm days... There is some great spots out of the wind and easily accessible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...

Hi all, 

reviving this 5 year old topic to say thanks for the advice. Took me a while to pull the trigger but the short stint in oz turned into a long stint in Oz and as of two months ago the boat has landed in Sydney- us trailer and all. 

Thanks for for all the tips back then as it planted the seed that got me to finally ship the bay boat over. 

Now I just need fishing partners..... :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Yank said:

Hi all, 

reviving this 5 year old topic to say thanks for the advice. Took me a while to pull the trigger but the short stint in oz turned into a long stint in Oz and as of two months ago the boat has landed in Sydney- us trailer and all. 

Thanks for for all the tips back then as it planted the seed that got me to finally ship the bay boat over. 

Now I just need fishing partners..... :)

Enjoy the new boat andcdo post some pics.