Also on btany bay 28/12

kingie chaser

Hi raiders, put in at 6am & before even getting into the bay there were birds bomb diving everywhere so I already had a new 18gr metal loaded & cast it amongst the boils, first cast first hit, gotta love that :D

Within 5 minutes had landed 7 or so taylor.

Then of for an explore & the next 3 hours were pretty entertaining with a real mixed bag, whiting, bream, flatties(2@ 47 & 48cm) sergeants, heaps of squire but none legal.

Anyway a great day had by 9.30am so decided to get out of that wind.

Spoke to some guys that were fishing the 3rd runway & they caught a few rat kings & salmon!

Great to see the bay so alive & cant wait to get out to the hacking for the next trip next week.

Edited by kingie chaser

I took a guy fishing on the Harbour last year, he had a technique of casting big blooping surface lures alongside the big buoys and then ripping them back by lifting his rod as hard as possible and repeating the process leaving a bubble trail. He had Kingies following him up almost every cast and caught quite a few.

I am going to try this in the Bay as soon as I can get my boat in the water. In the meantime you guys that fish the bay may like to try the process. Please tell us if you do.

Cheers

Paikea

• 2 weeks later...

I took a guy fishing on the Harbour last year, he had a technique of casting big blooping surface lures alongside the big buoys and then ripping them back by lifting his rod as hard as possible and repeating the process leaving a bubble trail. He had Kingies following him up almost every cast and caught quite a few.I am going to try this in the Bay as soon as I can get my boat in the water. In the meantime you guys that fish the bay may like to try the process. Please tell us if you do.CheersPaikea

Poppers are de