A little action at BB

rockfisherman

Hi raiders

Launched from foreshore at 5am hoping to get some fresh squid, but to no avail. Headed to molinox, with in no time the rat kings were on. First one felt like a keeper, but when closer the boat realised it was tail wrapped, which eventually broke thru my 10lb leader uni knot at the hook after I tried to muscle it in by hand. The second rat was text book, after a 3 minute fight on the baitcaster he surfaced, was netted measured at 57cm and released.

On a high, I wanted to move on and try out a couple of other spots. Browns rock was dead, plus a couple of other random spots. Eventually ended up just outside yarra bay. After 45 minutes the burley trail brought some action our way with some legal trevally and a good bream.

Called it a day at 11am with tinny back kicking in I was happy to head home, gurney the boat and suck down an icy cold beer.

Cheers, Harry.

Posted Image

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

Yeah for undersized fish those things sure are fun to catch on light gear. We had a very similar result in BB yesterday but added a 65cm Jew to the mix... was actually surprised at how boring that fight was compared to kingies smaller than it