Port stephens snapper

saintdylan

Hi guys here is late report from a trip to Port Stephens before Christmas. We met up with scratchie and followed him out to a spot to chase some snapper. We were drifting unweighted baits for around an hour with not much success, when my mate Phil decided to drop down a snapper snatcher. It was only in the water for a few minutes than bang of she went and after a few good minutes we landed a nice snapper of 68cm.

It was a pb for Phil and my boat and it tasted fantastic that night in the BBQ.

Want to say a big thanks to scratchie who couldn't have been more helpful I will let you know when we are back up there and we can go for another run.

The rest of the time up there was spent doing a bit of fishing, kayaking and just exploring the many beautiful places in Port Stephens. We are so lucky to have a place so nice so close to Sydney. It is as nice a place as I have seen any where in the world.

Cheers Dylan,

You were very appreciative of the info I gave you, so anytime mate. You also rehydrated me when I needed it, so thanks!

Well done on the fish too, it was a cracker and would have went well on the barbie!

Cheers scratchie!!!

P.s don't listen to "trout scarer" haha