TLD 20

lofty86

Ok So my TLD 20 was making a grinding noise so I decided to pull it apart and see what was going on could not see to much wrong with it but when I put it back together it would not wind anymore... I know should have not touch it. I was careful when I pulled it apart so I knew where all the parts went the only thing I think it might be is it has something to do with the drag not sure when you put it back together if the drag needs to be in a special spot....

If anyone can help that would be great or if anyone know where I can take it for someone to have a look I am on the central coast Tumbi Umbi.

Thanks Scott

G'day Scott,

Something hasn't gone back together correctly. There could be a number of things that are stopping the reel winding.

All I can suggest is that you don't try to force it but you will need to pull it apart and try to work out where the problem is. Make sure you have a copy of the schematic drawings with you and as a suggestion, take close up photos every step of the way so you have something to follow when you put it back together.

If you're not confident to sort it out though, you'll have to send it to be serviced.

The original grinding noise by the way is likely to be either gears or bearings that need to be replaced.

Cheers, T