Leisurely Bass fish down the river.

I went for a little bit of a bass bash with Diesel the other day. I was hanging to get out for a bit of a serious fish where the kids weren't playing in the water scaring off all the fishes so 4am came and I was as keen as mustard. Lets face it... there is nothing else I would be excited about at 4am. I was looking through my lure collection before I had even dressed myself I was that keen. I quickly realised that I didn't get my stuff ready the night before so I was in a bit of a mad rush. I checked my clock and before I knew it it was 4.30 so I popped my head out the door and saw that Diesel had his lights on and garage open so I moseyed across the road and off we went.

We initially went over the east side of the river but the going was pretty rough. Diesel managed a few over there but alas I couldn't get off the board. The terrain was a bit rough and the fish were a bit slow so we thought it would be a good idea to head over to the west side. We find a few nice overhanging trees and start flicking the fat dogs among them. We didn't have to wait long over here within a couple of well placed casts we were both onto fish.

Between us over the next few hours we managed quite a few fish, most were pretty small (I got one which was not much bigger than the lure which I thought was cute... they are so aggressive for such little fish) but we did manage a couple of decent ones which gave a nice account of themselves. My biggest for the day came in at 33cm. After about 9am though the fish shut down so we gave it another hour for good measure then decided it was time to get some brekky and head back up the mountain.

It was good to get out with the fish on and with good company it made for a good day.

Luc.

post-22055-0-05474700-1389097458_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trout Stalker

Yeah Dave they do start having a real go around that size but the watching the little ones have a go at lures a tiny bit smaller than them is great fun also. They hit hard for little fish.

Diesel... I don't want to know hehe. Lucky schmuck.

• 2 weeks later...

Luc,

Sounds like a great session. Bassboy and I are also enjoying the river Bass sessions with a couple of bush walks to secluded creeks to get our next fix of surface Bass. I love the explosive surface strikes; they are so aggressive at all sized it is difficult to tell the size of the fish by their strikes alone.

cheers PK