wharf fishing around sydney harbour

fisholb

hi raiders. went down to the marina to help the boys out to prepare for next weeks comp. got to the marina around 1pm. one of my mate decided to check out whats biting while the rest of us started to prepare the things we need for the comp on jan 18/19. within 5mins my mate landed his first bream. in the next 30mins he landed 3 bream and had a big bust off. after that it went quiet for a while. he was using chicken fillets for bait. after we finished preparing the boat we decided to join our mate fishing at the back of the boat. in the next couple of hours we caught plenty of baby snapper around the 20cm. we were using chicken and pillys for bait. we were using running sinker and paternoster rig on 10lb mainline and 10lb trace. my other mate was using his new iso fishing gear. a 5.3m telescopic rod and 5m trace with a small float with a no. 6 hook. he ended up landing 6 bream up to 39cm and 2 diamond/butter bream??? had to pack up around 5pm

.Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice feed there, used catch lots of those butter fish [as we called them] when i was a kid at evans head, many happy memories there :D

thanks mate...first time we caught the butter bream...apparently its $18/kg at the fish shop..