Reading the winds and forecast this weekend

VViCKiD

Hi guys,

BOM says the swell will be about 1m with 15-20 knot winds this Saturday.

I was thinking of heading to the fads off botany bay.

I have a Haines 530 with a 115HP on the back.

Do you guys think this will be too rough ? I'm most worried about the wind.

Thanks in advance !

Someone gave me a rule of thumb for what wind would be the maximum for comfort in a boat. 1kt for each foot. 5.3 m is about 18 ft. I've found this to be pretty good - my boat is 17 ft and I find 15 - 16 kts to be the maximum if I want to stay dry. But my boat is a centre console - very open. Perhaps a cuddy could take a bit more breeze. But I wouldn't be going out to a FAD if its 20 kts.

Someone gave me a rule of thumb for what wind would be the maximum for comfort in a boat. 1kt for each foot. 5.3 m is about 18 ft. I've found this to be pretty good - my boat is 17 ft and I find 15 - 16 kts to be the maximum if I want to stay dry. But my boat is a centre console - very open. Perhaps a cuddy could take a bit more breeze. But I wouldn't be going out to a FAD if its 20 kts.

Great rule of thumb. I use the same concept!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I gather there is a point, where you stop using that......mines 36'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD