Gimbal Belt Harness

Thanks Dave,

I've look at the black magic one, it actually "looks" awkward in use on youtube and the like. Defiantly something to try

I can see that it allows you to sit in it to put weight on the fish so to speak. Im sure it is better in that scene but looks un-natural my thinking is if you have to think about it your probably not going to get the benefit.

I was looking at this one from ottos

large-MARGIMBELHARTSC1.jpg

large-BLACKMAJGIM%26HARNSTXL.jpgSit in type from blackmagic

661520.jpg Similar principle i found on line, then i get a separate Gimbal

Hmmm might do a lunchtime walk up to compleat angler see what they have on the shelf for a tough and feel

I have used Braid systems for years and their durability was superb. One bucket in particular has caught a lot of fish over a 15 year period which when you look at the price does make them cheap. Several years ago I bought an Aftco Clarion bucket and harness which is rated 80-130lb and is the bottom one pictured above. I find it great to fish with but others that have used it say it's too big and awkward although the Sorocco bucket rated for 50-80lb is a bit smaller and lighter. I also have a few mates that swear by the Black Magic which I haven't used much and I'm sure the US stuff is great too if you find the system that is comfortable to use. Also if using lighter tackle the Cushit holder are handy to have around and especially incase of a multi hook up.

• 3 weeks later...