Yamaha 115 Saltwater Series 2007 blue smoke on start up

dogbox

That's a good question

there is a number of factors like current, wave height, wind and what your average travel speed is and possibly the type of boat you have.

I used to have a fuel consumption gauge fitted for 3 years to the boat until it failed and I did not replace it.

I use the this basic rule, 1 litre per KM travelled with my 115 yami, Im fussy on the conditions I go out in with two on board,

I went all the way to Bowns Mtn trolled for a while and this formula worked, reckoned I return to the bay with about 10ltrs fuel in the tank

I was about right when I filled up at the servo

dogbox

Great to hear dogbox !

1litre per km sounds about right to me. I have a haines 530 breeze with a 115hp 2 stroke yammy as well.

I've found that fuel consumption is really affected by load and wave height.

Wow you went Browns mountain ?

What boat do you have ? Did you anchor there ?

WiCKiD

Bar crusher 560 (now redefined by the manufacturer as a 610 now)

Long way to Browns no anchor you have to drift with the current over the peak or motor against the current to maintain position or troll for surface fish. have done it once don't have the desire to do it again, not in my boat. Add the fishing gear to fish that depth adds a new cost to fishing,

Plenty of fishing to have in close without burning heaps fuel in close.

Dogbox

• 2 years later...

So just found exact same problem on my 2007 motor. Checked the linkage and it was stopping about 3mm short of the stop at idle. Lots of blue smoke. Poor starting. Stalling at idle. Great at speed. Weird thing is that the linkage is not broken and to best of my knowledge has NEVER been adjusted. Could it always have been like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should also add I adjusted the linkage back to the stop - as per the manual - and started the motor in the driveway without issues. Too early to tell whether smoke is reduced until o can get boat on the water again in 2 months time.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk