Camping - Where to go (central coast)

sureangler

G'day All,

Looking at going camping with my girlfriend sometime soon for a weekend or so. Mainly to do abit of fishing - we don't have a boat so looking for land based. Can anyone recommend any spots for us? We usually go 4WD (got a raised Prado and all the gear so no issues with that sort of thing as we can be self sufficent for up to a week). Specifically cheaper spots

thanks all

Edited by sureangler

Putty beach at North Killcare has a nice basic camp site,right on the edge of the National Park.No 4w/driving but it fishes pretty good though.Killcare has a good rock ledge as well.Check it out on google maps.

thanks for the post genlteman! The camp ground at putty is all booked out, been there before too - quite nice. Going to see if Patonga has some free sites this weekend, @BloodKnot do you know any good land based spots around driving wise? Was thinking of giving Lake Macquarie a go on Monday night in a spot

[ yeh PATONGA rocks lots of fishing good showers BBQs ...good for kayaking....quote name=Blood Knot" post="501758" timestamp="1389609353]

Nice little council camping area at Patonga. Right on the river and has beach on the other side

Edited by yakfisher

We have been going off Terrigal skillion kings and bonito 3inch white bait . We are heading up Patonga Creek Sunday morning if your set up with a kayak buzz me we will take u out. ..

thanks for the post genlteman! The camp ground at putty is all booked out, been there before too - quite nice. Going to see if Patonga has some free sites this weekend, @BloodKnot do you know any good land based spots around driving wise? Was thinking of giving Lake Macquarie a go on Monday night in a spot

To be honest I have not fished the central coast area extensively - but I used to walk (wade) the creek at Patonga early morning and catch Flatties on soft plastics 8 or 9 years ago.

Cheers Blood Knot