Went searching!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

With the weather looking like glass conditions this morning, I thought it was time to go searching for a few beaks. Left shoal bay at 5am and set the spread from the lighthouse and zig zagged the 80-150 mark all the way up past Broughton! Plenty of bait fish about but did mark or see anything or turn a reel for that matter. The water temp was only between 21.5-22.1 and very green. Why is there plenty of action north and south, and none in my backyard??? :(

Anyway had two young fellas with me, so we stopped at Broughton for a bottom bash. Managed a few pan sized snappers, plenty of reef fish, a huge baker and the boys were happy! Trolled the islands with some small bibs and skirts for 2 very small bonito. Normally getting huge ones this time of year?? What's going on??

Anyone been up here chasing beaks yet??

Cheers scratchie!!!

Good report Jeff yeah I feel bit them the same wondering where the Bonnie are shey should be here in plague . But still very scares but there is some reports that they are slowly turning up . Going to stocko for a week maybe we can catch up ( not taking the boat :-(. ). Cheers. Yern

Went to Crowdy on Sat because water was unreal in close with plenty of fish a few days earlier, water ended up being 19.3 and green..just crap. The next day my mate headed to SWR cause their were little blacks everywhere but gone the next day and only a couple hooked and water was a bit green. Port sunday had a few boats hooking over 20 fish..what can u do, every day its different. .

Went to Crowdy on Sat because water was unreal in close with plenty of fish a few days earlier, water ended up being 19.3 and green..just crap. The next day my mate headed to SWR cause their were little blacks everywhere but gone the next day and only a couple hooked and water was a bit green. Port sunday had a few boats hooking over 20 fish..what can u do, every day its different. .

Well, I went Tuesday water was glass out but green and cold. I have fished up here for over 15 years and normally this time of year the water is at a minimum of 22.5 unless we have rain!

Just scratching my head, that's all. My boat doesn't have a massive range, so I wait for the warm water to push in and I'm still waiting!