Where Is....

Guest Jocool

Guest Jocool

This one comes with a bit of a fishing report! :1clap:

An hour of spinning resulted in one solid hit and a little tap. No-hookups though! :thumbdown: And just to tease me, there were fish breaking the surface on a number of occassions, but not take any of my offerings. All I ahd with me was bum bag full of SP's and jigs. I had taken my HB's out of the truck for some reason. :wacko:

If I had something like a CD Rapala, I'm sure I would have done better.

Edited by Jocool

Guest Jocool

WOW...Some pretty diverse answers!

There is a correct one amongst you, but I'm keeping it to myself right now. :074: Here is another pic for your enjoyment.

I definately know where this one is and I'm as happy as a pig in sh!t to see the water level at that height.

Not only does it make for good fishing but also saves the legs from having to walk from the camp grounds down to the water line to jump in the boat :wacko: .......not a problem if you camp on the other areas away from the amenities though. :besetzt:

Thanks for the pics Joe. :thumbup:

cheers

Hooky

Guest Jocool
I definately know where this one is and I'm as happy as a pig in sh!t to see the water level at that height.

63273[/snapback]

I'm curious....Is the water higher than what you have seen it????...Or lower???

Guest Jocool
its lake lyell right??? come on put me out of my misary

63283[/snapback]

All in good time mate!

Welcome to the site too by the way! :1welcomeani:

I'm curious....Is the water higher than what you have seen it????...Or lower???

63282[/snapback]

It's a lot higher in your pics Joe.

I would be thinking in your pics that it would be around 35%+.

When I was there last time it was only around 24-25%. The place looks even worse when it is closed to boating which is at around 20%.

Hopefully Delta have enough water and don't need to start pumping water back up to TCD.

Did you see the overflow wall and the size of the dam wall faces? Can you imagine sliding down both as a teenager. :1naughty::1prop:

BTW, did you stop in at the caretakers office and ask what the capacity was?

cheers

Hooky

Guest Jocool

BTW, did you stop in at the caretakers office and ask what the capacity was?

cheers

Hooky

63293[/snapback]

The office was closed mate.

Yes Domza...you were right. It's Lyell. :thumbup:

Spent an interesting couple of hours there. and I have to admit it looked good. This next picture shows the wall from a distance, but I think the water level is noticeable. I'm not sure where it sat previously though.

This next picture is interesting, in that it shows the ramp and the sliding pontoon arrangement. Cosidering that the pontoon is about 30 meters above the water level, I would say that it would be a bit hard to use! :1prop:

post-4-1124710361_thumb.jpg

I don't know if the sign will be legible, but it says that its a "swimming area". Its about 40 meters above water level.

post-4-1124710468_thumb.jpg