Great success - live mullet done easy

Gatte

G'day raiders

After a few nights down in the lake looking for prawns of credible size I notice hundreds of little mullet feeding I'm the shallows.

After a small bit of research I crafted myself this little trap Posted Image

Super easy to make, and it took a bit of trial and error before in different depths and spots finally filled it with a slice or two of bread, bury into the sand to anchor in place, ankle deep in water, burley up stream, turn out the lights and wait. Even went home to grab the bucket I forgot.

The result was impressive. 13 baits sized mullet inside a 2 litre bottle in The space of 10 minutes.

Posted Image

Took a snap and let the suckers free, only to be caught again tonight and thrown out live In the surf under a beaming full moon...practice run on the trap which proved to be success.

Stay tuned for round two tonight, which will have some big surf specimen to report about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaking my heart scratchie. Was hoping they were ideal for a nice Jewie or something, but I would never say no to a feed of flathead.

That wind is going to be a problem. I'm just battling with myself as to whether I want to drown then in the surf or stay up another 3 hours to catch an estuary tide

Guest Aussie007

nice amount of poddys they cant be easy and just as hard to catch, i like your coke bottle idea ive tried reversing the top half but your idea look much easier

poddys are small so use a small circle hook 4/0 work for me with yakkas

Tried the beach, had to help out with the little one at home and it'sich closer. Unfortunately Jo luck, was hard to find the deep water, someone already fishing in the best rip visible on the beach.

Not to worry, know how to get em and got a nice 15cm variety to butterfly and drop into a bridge over the weekend.

nice amount of poddys they cant be easy and just as hard to catch, i like your coke bottle idea ive tried reversing the top half but your idea look much easier

poddys are small so use a small circle hook 4/0 work for me with yakkas

I tried inverting the ends too gazza, couldn't get it to stay firm or get enough mullet near it.

This one was real easy... Put a hole in the centre and basically cut an "X" push the sides down a bit and go for it.