Uncle Rockets rat king

garryl

Finally got an opportunity to go out with my brother a.k.a. Uncle Rocket. He's been at me for ages to go out trolling for king fish. Got up nice and early and were fishing for yakkas before 6. Struggled to get many. Only if we were after sweep! It was all I could get! Managed to get about 8 before the frustration really set in.

Went out the front of the Hacking and drove around I circles until that got as frustrating as the yakkas. A guy in a yak was struggling with something huge. I called it for a shark, but we weren't sure.

After not getting a bite for a while drive right across to Boat Harbour. Then looked for Osbournes reef but only picked up rubbish at both spots.

Went back to our trolling spot for one last try. Got a few hits and finally Uncle Rocket was on!

ydavy2es.jpg

We thought it would be a keeper for sure bit she pulled up just shy. So went back for next time.
ry9u8y6e.jpg
Second king I've had in the boat. Next one is bound to be a keeper. Fingers crossed.

Edited by GarryL

It is amazing how hard the little buggers pull on lightish gear. well done, I love to see persistence pay off.

I cant wait for my little boy, now 2, to be able to hang on to a spin road so I can get him connected to a rat.

I recon any kid whos caught a kingy is gunna be hooked for life.

Hey Garry

They definitely punch well above their weight that's why everyone loves catching kingies.

Hold on cause when that hoodie comes its like trying to stop a freight train.

Cheers Daniel

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk