Josh Dugan's Blue marlin on Reef Magic

Well what a start to the new year for us with 2 big fish. Today on our second charter for the year we had Josh Dugan & 2 mates on board for their crack at their first marlin. We started by catching a few rats on the Fad then headed wide to where we got the black on Friday. The water was even better & up another degree to 24.7 & perfect conditions. Around 10.30 the shotgun took off but unfortunately the little black bart that caught the black didnt find its mark. We didnt have to wait long & the new Pakula Paua hothead jet sprocket in Lumo on the long rigger got smashed & a big blue raced in all directions skipping across the surface pulling the 24kg like it was nothing & when the rods were cleared i could see the bottom of the spool so off we went at warp speed in reverse after it. Josh saddled up & he soon started getting some line back even if it was slowly as the fish didnt want to slow up but he soon started to settle into the fight. The fish went deep & Mike did some good driving changing angles to finally get a good angle on the fish & after an hour Josh won his battle for his first marlin but was wondering how poor Gavin on Friday did it for 4 hours. I got him on the leader & put a tag in & quickly got a bill rope on it to revive it as soon as possible & take some measurements and photos. His prize was a beautiful blue marlin that went 2.75 short length & approximately 175kg. We swam it for 15 minutes & it was in great condition when released off the Pakula release rope. Another great day out & with a great group of blokes - don't believe all the hype as Josh was a really genuine down to earth guy & he is mad about his fishing.

post-6936-0-49650000-1390124222_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Damo

Edited by Reef Magic Charters

what a great start for reef magic well done guys and congratulations to josh,thank you very much for last Thursday,I didn't get to turn any.....yet. I will see yous before port anyway. So who wants to get a charter going on reef magic.

sailfish

Edited by sailfish