bass point 2/2/2014

fisholb

hi raiders. took my eldest son fishing today with high hopes of catching our first bonito for 2014. got to the spot around 6am. very surprised that there were only 2 cars at the carpark. not a good sign. rigged one rod with pilly on float for my son and one rod with zman streakz. after 10mins my son was on something but didnt land the fish. the fisho next to him was catching tailor. so i made the call that it was a tailor. anyway re rig and starting spinning with zman/mack lure but didnt get any followers so decided to rig another rod with pilly on float. after 1hr my son was on. this thing was pulling left and right. after a couple of minutes my son landed his 1st bonito but broke my graphite rod in half. high fives to my son. i didnt care that he broke the rod i was so happy coz my son landed the bonito. i gave my rod to my son while i re rig another rod and put the bonito in the net. while i was rigging my alvey my son was on again. he landed a mullet. i finally rigged my alvey with pilly on float. after 10mins i was on. landed my 1st bonito for 2014. another high fives all round. after that it went quiet and decided to packed up around 930am. my son and me were all smiles and my son asked me when are we going back to the spot. its about 2hrs drive each way but its all worth it. hope to go back to the spot next month and hopefully catch more bonito for my son. thanks for readingPosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two bonnies and a broken rod, sounds eventful. my son is only two but I cant wait to get him fishing. I spent my youth fishing with my dad and grandfather and I hope my boy can share similar memories.

Fishings great, catching fish even better but farther son time is priceless.

Congrats on the bonito,

As for hill 60, bonito showed up there also today, got a few on small metal spinners before the crowd rocked up at 7am.

The place smells like rotten fish though so if you going to head there block your nose till you get past the car park.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Thats all right mate, there should be plenty at Port. We should get your young bloke signed up & put him on a stickface!!!! Father & son double hookup!!!! That would be awesome!!!! :biggrinthumb:

that would be awesome mate...thanks

Congrats on the bonito,

As for hill 60, bonito showed up there also today, got a few on small metal spinners before the crowd rocked up at 7am.

The place smells like rotten fish though so if you going to head there block your nose till you get past the car park.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

thanks mate...we were going to hill60 but decided to go to bass pt..maybe next time