New Boat - looking for local experience of Port Hacking and Bate Bay

NaClH2OK9

Hi Guys,

I've just bought my first boat, a 5.2 M Ally half cabin with 70HP Evinrude :)

it has no makers mark, anyone got any ideas what it is ?

I've been charter fishing for the last 3 years and occasionally go out with Welsh Dave (cheers mate). Also the odd rock fishing session around Cronulla.

I'm looking for someone with local experience of the Hacking and Bate Bay who can offer some advice, Marks or even come out for a few hours so i can get to know the local waterways. ( you'll need nerves of steel though as i've only just got my boat licence ;) )

I'll be launching (probably weekends only for now) from Gunnamatta, I have a fish finder, GPS (still getting to know how these work) and all safety equipment.

I'm not looking for any fuel donations as your knowledge is payment enough.

Thanks

Steve

post-15458-0-36322600-1391466716_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cluster13

The Gunnamatta Bay ramp is a mongrel. If you drive your boat onto the ramp at low or even mid tide you will hit the end of the ramp with a bang scratching and ally boat and worse for a glass boat.

I agree with Kingfisher that the Yowie Bay ramp is far better, a little further but not much. Don't like Wally's ramp, too steep.

Nice looking boat.

For info re fishing the Port check some of the earlier posts on that subject, plenty of info re fishing spots. .

Cheers

Paikea

Thanks for the advice kingfisher and paikea. Though I have to say I'm a little gutted as I live in Cronulla and imagined I had a launch 500m away. Looks like my first outing will be from yowie as I'm not into pushing my luck.

Thanks sigma. I'm a determined investigator and That may be just the lead I need to track down her origins

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Well. For a number of reasons I ended up launching at cronulla today. Got to say I didnt find the ramp too bad . But the side current was a challange. That said our first outing was a great success even maratime (who were on the ramp when i came in) said I did a good job retrieving the boat. Now to track down the best fishing marks :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk