Looking at new boat! Need help!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

A long story short..........

I want a bigger boat. I have a 2007 Haines hunter 470 breeze. It's the best boat and in good condition. But as mentioned I want something bigger.

I have been offered a 2004 sea ray 225 in mint condition 5.7merc will a load of extras for $30k

And have my boat sold no problem.

Questions:

Has anyone owned one of these?

How do they perform?

Are they any good for outside fishing?

I know it's a bargain and I know the reasons why and I'm good with that.

Would really love some feedback!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hey mate I think you should ask the bloke if you can take him/it out for a fish one day in his boat just to see how it will work for you.

I work in the marine industry and I think that is the very best thing to do with boats you are semi unsure about. Working in the industry i also know that getting parts for them is difficult. I do know sea rays and that is certainly a great boat for the money! However im not all to sure about how well it will suit your purposes.

But im happy to be proven wrong!!!!

Best of luck mate! Im excited to see how it pans out.

Hey mate I think you should ask the bloke if you can take him/it out for a fish one day in his boat just to see how it will work for you.

I work in the marine industry and I think that is the very best thing to do with boats you are semi unsure about. Working in the industry i also know that getting parts for them is difficult. I do know sea rays and that is certainly a great boat for the money! However im not all to sure about how well it will suit your purposes.

But im happy to be proven wrong!!!!

Best of luck mate! Im excited to see how it pans out.

Don't you think it will suit the type of fishing I'll do?

It would be mainly for offshore and I will buy a tinny for the bay!

Parts are a concern then! I really want to know how it would handle offshore. Is the hull and sides deep enough?