new rod and reel

bretto101

got a great new rod and reel for my birthday the other day and im no expert by far but i think its pretty cool :banana:

also got some new lures , being those 3d shrimp , a popper and the other hard body that im not to sure on ,

( Shimano sahara graphite 7' one peice 2-4 kg ) so eager to test out the popper as ive never used one before , i went down to the entrance on monday to have a go . well after about 50 casts had one chase , but was still good fun cant belive the distance i was getting though :sun: tryd that 3d shrimp also no good and lucky i had old friend MR gulp sand worm in camo ( like the yak ) in back pocket . had a nice bream from that and a flathead about the size of my index finger hahaha

all good fun

cheers post-31307-0-63244000-1391510056_thumb.jpgpost-31307-0-70151400-1391509982_thumb.jpgpost-31307-0-52002700-1391509880_thumb.jpgpost-31307-0-79388200-1391509774_thumb.jpg

Edited by bretto101

Bought the same outfit today to replace the outfit that went overboard last yakking trip! Glad you like it, I'm sure I will too! Haven't told the mrs yet, I'll just wait for her to get the statement.

What line did you put on it??? I used 6lb fireline exceed and 8lb fluro. Can't wait to test it out!

Cheers scratchie!!!

hey thanks for the quick replys ! always keep cheking lol. i put a straight 6lb on that the olds also gave me . its a platypus brand extra mono bla bla bla but hey it is light ! when tieing on the lures they kept on slipping ( as im used to the heavey 13 lb for flatiies ) i had to up my game a bit lol

funny scratch about the misses hahahaha sound like me !

Nice work mate, what a sweet looking outfit! Always find myself going back to the sp's too :P yet to crack the hb code.

Cracker of a flatty :P they are so greedy even at that size!

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sexy looking reel, looks exactly like mine!! :D

Mine sports a Suffix 832 ghost braid and is married to a Sahara rod also. A year and a half old and has not let me down.

Pretty sure the reel is a stradic fj 2500. Those Sahara rods thought are magic!

That's true Love right there.

Harry

If it's to good to be true, it usually is...

LOL yeah, The Ci4 got a bit frisky with the 2500FJ and gave birth to a 1000 Ci4, she is still in her baby capsule but will join her parents when she is dressed in Power Pro 4lb Blood red braid :D